I went to the St Louis RV show Saturday. Although I live near St Louis, this event is downtown, about 65 miles away. I hate driving downtown and only make the trip once every year or so. Besides the traffic, there are so many one-way streets and streets that just randomly get closed. And I'm not a big sports fan, so I did not realize there was a big game next door... which jacked up the parking prices. It took me forever to get back to the highway to go home, because the road I followed to get there was closed on the way back. If it were not for "Samantha" (my GPS), I might still be driving.
But I went. I was able to talk in person to a few State Park personnel, and they were quite encouraging. I worry that as a single with a handicapped passenger it would be more difficult to get a position. That may still be true, but the people I spoke to didn't think it would matter. I also spoke to them about Stream Team and GLOBE. Stream Team is a state water quality monitoring program. I used to take students to participate several times a year. I also am certified to train teachers and trainers in GLOBE protocols. GLOBE (global learning and observations to benefit the environment) is a worldwide program that allows students and other groups to monitor environmental conditions where they live and upload their data to an international database. Because the protocols for taking the data are very strict, scientists can use the data to compare regions and look at change over time.
I hope to use those training a different locations. BUT, it has been several years since I have used those skills because I no longer teach the classes that I used them with. So a refresher is in order, at least for GLOBE.
I also got information on some other upgrades I have been tossing around in my head. Did not go into a single RV. There were just too many people. Doesn't matter; I have my motor home, I just wanted to look more closely at updated options for daily living.
No comments:
Post a Comment